Call for abstracts
The conference seeks contributions representing a broad perspective of teacher education research and related topics with focus on the conference theme: Diversity in Teacher Education Research.
Who can submit proposals?
- NAFOL PhD students
- HVL PhD students
- NAFOL alumni (only paper proposal)
- Associate professor candidate (only paper proposal)
- Invited PhD students from collaborating international institutions
NB! Please note that you must prioritize your type of presentation: paper, poster, or round table.
The conference language is English, and all proposals and presentations must be in English. Only proof-read proposals are accepted.
- 20 June 2021: Deadline for submission of all proposals
- 1 September 2021: Notice of acceptance
- 10 September 2021: Deadline for registration (will open later)
The paper proposal must have
- problem formulation
- theoretical framework/ relevant previous research
- preliminary findings/ tentative results
- significance of the study
The length of the abstract should be 500 words, spacing 1,5 and font 11 (Times New Roman). References are not included in the 500 words and should be on a separate page using APA style.
The time frame for the presentation of papers is 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for clarifying questions. After the three presentations (20 x 3 = 60 minutes) the discussant is given up to 15 minutes to sum up and comment on the papers in the session.
All NAFOL students and HVL PhD students are invited to propose posters, informing about their PhD project. You have three minutes to present your poster at the poster session during the conference. We recommend you prepare a handout (1 page).
All accepted posters participate in a poster competition with the following prizes (gift vouchers from Akademika):
- 2000 NOK
- 1500 NOK
- 1000 NOK
Poster proposals follow the same guidelines as for paper presentations described above. The length of the abstract should be 500 words, space 1,5 and font 11 (Times New Roman). References are not included in the 500 words and should be on a separate page using APA style.
NAFOL will cover costs for printing and lamination of posters authored by NAFOL students. HVL will cover costs for printing and lamination of posters authored by HVL doctoral students who are not enrolled in NAFOL.
The poster can be produced in PowerPoint, Online Photo Editor or another appropriate program.
Guidelines for poster presentations are:
- Format: A0 (841 × 1189 mm) (84,1 x 118,9 cm) (33,11 x 46,81 inches)
- File: PDF
- The NAFOL logo should be inserted for NAFOL students
- The HVL logo should be inserted for HVL students
- Your name and the name of your institution.
Round table discussion
A round table contribution presents work in progress, accompanied by three discussion questions. Each author has 10 minutes to present the theme and questions, and there will be 10 minutes for discussion. It is recommended not to use a power point presentation, but to have handouts to the participants.
The proposal shall follow the above guidelines, but should, in addition, include three questions for discussion. The length of the abstract should be 500 words, space 1,5 and font 11 (Times New Roman). References are not included in the 500 words and should be on a separate page using APA style.
Conference publication: NAFOL book
A selected choice of articles will be invited to contribute to the NAFOL conference publication. All contributions will be subject to blind reviews.
- 15 January: 2022 Deadline for complete draft of full paper for the NAFOL book
- 15 February: Feedback from reviewers
- 1 March: Submission of revised papers
- Publication spring 2022